Well after a very strange week weather wise which made everyone around me grumpy, especially our kids because it was too cold to play in the park, the weather this morning is glorious. What a difference 3 days makes! From my office the view to Vitosha mountain is crystal clear, OK there is still some snow hanging around between the trees but it’s bathed in sunshine and looking fresh.
I think that I’ll get the barbecue out later this afternoon apart from being a fun way to cook the food always tastes great, maybe it’s something to do with the fresh air. I’ve got some fantastic Rib-eye steaks in stock which came from Italy
- 2 Rib eye steaks, about 400g, from Andy’s
- 60ml HP Sauce
- 30ml balsamic vinaigrette dressing (see recipe below)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves Instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the HP sauce, dressing, garlic and oregano (save about 15ml of the mixture)
- Put the steaks in a large resealable plastic bag
- Pour remaining 25ml of the marinade over steaks and seal the bag
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate
- Make sure the BBQ has reached cooking temperature
- Remove steaks from bag, place them on your grill and cook about 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until medium
- Serve drizzled with the saved marinade mixture.
- Serve this grilled steak with some grilled vegetables and a salad of mixed greens with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing and you will have a delicious dinner.
|Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Makes about 125ml.
- 30ml white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 90ml olive oilInstructions:
- Whisk the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl until the salt is dissolved
- Pour into a jar and add the olive oil, shake well (with the lid on!) until it is all mixed.
- refrigerate if not using right away