To say pork sausages are popular is a bit of an understatement! According to the latest figures, nearly 6,000,000 Brits tuck into a juicy pork sausage every day. Pork sausages are incredibly versatile too, with myriad flavours and regional variations – from exotic chilli and coriander to the herby Lincolnshire and the peppery Cumberland ring.
Here’s one of our favourite recipes – but this time the star of the show is our NEW line of delicious Beef Sausages!
Beef Sausages and Buttered Leeks
500 g pack Andy’s beef sausages
2 leeks, sliced and washed
40 g butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
10 g thyme, chopped
1 tsp mustard powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C ..
2. Place the sausages on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime braise the leeks in the butter, then season and add 3 tbsp water and cook for a further 15 minutes.
4. Stir in 1/2 the chopped thyme and mustard before serving with the sausages.
5. Serve with a good beer – and enjoy!